Sunday, November 6, 2016

VIXX Conception 2016 has finally come to an end.

Kratos unofficial mini review! VIXX, VIXX, VIXX. I don't even know what to say anymore. How can they continue to surprise me every single comeback? Due to work commitment issues, I didn't get to review Hades (which was amazing, by the way!) I probably will review that when I have the chance but for now, let's focus on The Closer!




Alright, let's shout this: I LOVE ADORE AND AM SO SMITTEN with this comeback. (Especially since the comeback was right on my birthday, yes I'm a Halloween baby). I can't even begin to explain how much I love this release. What I love the most about this release and comeback is that the release is such a contrast and is so different from their other releases. They even mentioned it on their V-App that the release is something very different that what they had put out previously and it's so true.

Even with the lyrics, they began with "Thing about love" which (!) I can not get over with, it's on my head, every single second, minute and hour. I can not get it out of my head! The song starts slow with real heavy beats, almost RnB sounding but slow. It starts off like a slow jam with a beautiful beat and bass (which I have a weakness for!) But as soon as it transition to the chorus from the verse, it became this very complex song with very complex beats in the background. It became so heavy but so heavenly; orchestra like even! The swerve bass, I can not get over it and I love how the sounds have lots of layers with lots of very heavy and big flow. The song is definitely heavy on the vocals, using the boys' strength and just showcasing every single skill the boys have and it's just lovely. The song has this crescendo feel to it and you can feel how strong it is. (I best recommend you to hear this song using headphones!)

I love how they layer the vocals, it's barely there but noticeable. It makes the song sounds more put together and complex. I love the vocal and rap on Ravi's main rap part, it's unpredictable but the vocal and rap work well together. But I also like about this song is that, it actually starts with very minimal sounds but then they start building up the beats but also bringing it back down at the end. And the end! You know that swerve with the lyrics' "It's over" Try listening to Dynamite-Fantasy-The Closer. You can feel the era ending, you know with The Closer that this year long project has finally come to an end (BUT WE WANT MORE). I love that!

A few lyrics that I just need to let people know are:

Getting closer
다 밀어내고 너를 독점해
너의 어디에도 감히 눈을 두지 않게
틈 하나 없도록 다가가
모두들 멍하니 바라보게 안아봐

Getting closer
I push all the others away and claim you for myself
so that they won’t dare to lay their eyes on you anywhere
I walk towards you without giving them a chance
Hold you so that the others can stare in a daze

Trans creds: fy-vixx

Try listening to this on your birthday. You would swoon, I did. I think if it wasn't my birthday, I would probably still swoon. And what I also love about this part is during Ken's part : "I walk towards you without giving them a chance, Hold you so that the others can stare in a daze" It was plain and soft at first and once he said the first word, the beats started building into this crescendo, as if trying to explain how serious he was and then the beat stopped, the song became jarring WHICH MADE ME GO "OMG. WHAT. MY HEART."


And then this other part came!


The thing about love 난 네 의심을 닫고
The thing about love 전에 없던 것을 줄게 난
몰아치던 밤이 그치면
나와 함께 사라질 뿐야
널 내게 맡겨 널 내게 맡겨 uh (내게로)
And It’s over  


The thing about love I can end your doubts
The thing about love I’ll give you the things you didn’t have before
When the raging night ceases
You’ll disappear with me
Trust yourself to me, trust yourself to me uh (to me)
And It’s over


Trans creds: fy-vixx

I mean, what else can I do other than, trust VIXX? When this part comes, I'm always like, not I'm not ready for this but it's just so so good! That ending though, breaks my heart on how beautiful it is! Alright, now let me touch on the Music Video (If you haven't watch it, please do, using 720p as well and put the volume as high as possible, I promise you, You'll enjoy it!)

This music video is so different from what we've seen from Dynamite and Fantasy, while Dynamite was bright, Fantasy was not and when The Closer came, I don't know where to put it, it's dark almost creepy even but it's not obvious until you listen to the song. The music video has the eerie feel to it but you don't really notice it, because it's not obvious! So the main character for this video is Ken, while everyone is in freeze frame, he goes to each member almost making that "Hold you so that the others can stare in a daze / Get trapped in time and Dance with me." line true, literally. Because each member is in a daze, freeze frame, not moving an inch. And don't you think that little attention to detail to the lyrics is amazing? They could have made this video with Ken fighting off the others to get the girl but no, they decided to freeze frame everyone because Ken is ZEUS! But also once you link Dynamite and Fantasy you will then really know, that Ken is just playing with the mortal (in this case the five members and the girl) If you noticed in Dynamite, The main character Hakyeon, gets jealous because he hasn't got the girl yet and he plans on doing something about it, but Leo beats him to it in Fantasy by getting that Love Potion from Ravi. In Dynamite and Fantasy we see, Hongbin and Hyuk trying to stop N-Leo from doing something "stupid" to get the girl but what they don't know is, there is a big mastermind behind all this; which is Ken.


Why do I say this because the end of the project; The Closer ends with Ken being the main character and in the video, we see almost everything from his point of view (case in point, his reflection on the car). So Ken is probably is the mastermind behind all the things that have went on. And, at the end of the song, he is the one who say It's over, not only because the produces/ line distributor thinks he would do that line best but also because all the things that happen is because of him and as if you see, during the performance at the end of the song, only Ken looks up to the audience while the others put their head down. To be quite honest, there are so many theories out there for this year long project and there is so many ways to interpret it. I just hope one day, Jellyfish will come up with an explanation so that everyone can stop cracking minds, heads trying to solve all the mystery. Haha.

But overall, I SWOON is the correct statement for this comeback and I hope VIXX slays this comeback. It seems hard, but we can do it STARLIGHTS!

till then!

- wai

No comments:

Post a Comment