Saturday, December 7, 2013

Well, talk about neglecting blogs.



Haha, What a title! We all have to admit though, I neglected this blog for too long. We now have a lot of different platforms, social networking sites we could use. Then we start to forget about the earlier sites we have, whether they be blogs, facebook, friendster or that sorts.

I never forgot about this blog, I sometimes like to read back all the posts I had typed in and usually end up cringing while reading and after reading. Haha. I used to be so expressive with words back then, now, I usually forget what I like to say, sometimes I find it hard to talk it out. I realized this after watching one of Mat Lutfhi's video, where he talked about teaching kids and it's definitely true. With kids, you need to really open up your mind and be prepared to answer very good question which adults would never ask. So, in a way, I feel lucky to be a teacher but at the same time, feel sad that I can't share the type of questions I have with my kids with my fellow friends, colleagues because we are too embarrassed to ask.

I love my kids, I really do, they sometimes make my day brighter even the naughty ones. They are amazing, they have so many comebacks to what you have to say but it makes you think and come up with very good but true and honest answers. So, whenever I have a bad day at work, I usually just remind myself and say, those kids are worth staying for. They are worth it. And, whenever I think about what had happened with the kids, they make me smile and forget all those negative things surrounding work.

Yes, I admit, being an educator has it's challenge and we usually face negative feedback instead. We are always the person who are blamed for what happens to a kid, or what happens in school. We also then have other admin related works which you wish could fly away instead of piling up. I usually just give up with hoping that it would be less because we know it will never be less. I now end up saying what now every now and then.

It also will not help a lot if you have conflicts at work, I'm not saying I have conflicts but when the community has conflicts, it affects everyone. It always end up to be, with the Bruneian phrase "Kau-kau, aku-aku" and "Kau tanya ia lah" which I usually just roll my eye on. I mean, would it kill us to be more professional during work and just let everything go once you vent it all out. Haha.

I think it's best to tackle your problems immediately, that's what I did and I feel so much better. No one likes to talk about it anymore because they know how pissed off I am with the matter. It's never good to talk about someone behind their back. Just no.

till then.

-swmy

No comments:

Post a Comment